Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Yes! Probe the Use of EU Funds!!!

I was delighted to read today that Greece may begin to conduct a nationwide investigation into the use of EU Funds. I refer to an article which I had written about this subject last year.

In the same article, I suggested another area where it would be very easy for Greece to uncover financial and tax malpractice --- anonymous offshore companies.

If Greece really makes a serious and credible effort to attack the issues of use of EU funds and anonymous offshore companies, that would be two steps in the right direction and a giant leap for executive credibility!

3 comments:

  1. Well, shame on me, a year ago I would have bet that this would never happen, and I ventured so in a reply to your proposal. I would have felt more confident if the investigation was carried out by your suggested "gang of young Greeks", they would have represented for me the Greece that could still materialize, and imagine their pride in doing something right. As it is the job has been farmed out to 13 district appeal court prosecutors. Yes, I know they are supposed to be independent of politicians, local and others. Well, you can't have everything your way, let's hope for the best. One thing is for sure, the day the first perpetrator goes before a court, the beer is on me, you are welcome to remind me if I should miss it.
    PS. You cannot overestimate the prestige it would give Greece with the donor nations.
    Lennard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Einzelne Schwalben machen noch keinen Frühling!
    H. Trickler

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nein, schade, aber die Hoffnung stirbt zuletzt.
      Lennard

      Delete